IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Queued for marking [Issue 31]

RE: IPP> Queued for marking [Issue 31]

Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 14:42:26 -0700

I agree that the 'queued-for-marker' job state reason should also be usable
with the 'processing' job state. Some developers from our company also sent
me the same comment by email privately during the meeting.

So ok if we include the 'processing' state as one of the job states with
which an implementation MAY use the new 'queued-for-marker' job state
reason?

Thanks,
Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: harryl@us.ibm.com [mailto:harryl@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 1999 16:15
To: ipp@pwg.org
Subject: IPP> Queued for marking

In New Orleans, we introduced a new job state reason ("queued-for-marker")
for jobs that are interpreted (or maybe don't need interpreting... like
TIFF) but "pending", "pending-held". This was a long and excruciating
discussion which warped abruptly. I want to say that I feel this new
job-state-reaons should apply to the "processing" state as well.

Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems
harryl@us.ibm.com