IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> MOD - part of Issue 17 - don't neednegative"time-at-xxx"Job

Re: IPP> MOD - part of Issue 17 - don't neednegative"time-at-xxx"Job

Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:51:05 -0400

harryl@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I've made this argument before...
>
> >Finally, any date/time information for faxing comes FROM THE SENDER
> >in conventional faxing anyways! Why should IFAX over IPP be any
> >different?
>
> The typical response I've received is that the Receiver needs to
> keep a timestamped log (FAX paradigm).

That's fine, but 1) the current time values still allow you to do
this, even if it is a little less software-friendly, and 2) that
still doesn't prove that mandatory date/time is needed for IPP alone.

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com