IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Last Call Comment: Job and Printer time attributes shou ld be REQUIRED

RE: IPP> Last Call Comment: Job and Printer time attributes shou ld be REQUIRED

Ron Bergman (rbergma@dpc.com)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:06:58 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Tom,

I have watched this discussion go into various states of disarray. It
seemed to finally settle into a reasonable reality, until I saw this
latest message.

Don't we just want to say... "Do the best you can to obtain the correct
local time." ? Why are you trying to put a tolerance on this? So if I
can't guarantee +/- 5 minutes, I better not report clock time? What is so
magical about 5 minutes? (Normally during the day I don't know the time
to the nearest hour... but I degress.)

The specification should be precise where required. If precision is not
required, no tolerance need be specified.

Ron Bergman
Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions