IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Simple Questions

Re: IPP> Simple Questions

kugler@us.ibm.com
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 10:06:30 -0700

<37804795.136a.-@jmail.co.jp> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ipp/?start=3D5967

> Hi all,
> My name is nobu.
>
> This is the first time to send this ML.
> I am sorry for asking very simple questions , but i hope you'll
answer the questions.

> Q1. By supporting IPP , do we need to put CGI programs in our printer?
> If it is not true , how do printer process the end-use's request?

CGI is one way to do it, but is not recommended, since most CGI web
servers don't support the "chunked" transfer-coding in POST requests.
Other alternatives are Java servlets, various server-specific APIs and
frameworks, custom HTTP servers and HTTP application toolkits.

> Q2 Do we configure the IPP with Fax macine? and How ? IPP
=1B$B"*!!=1B(BFax,=1B$B!!=1B(BFax=1B$B!!"*!!=1B(BFax?

See http://www.pwg.org/hypermail/ifx/

> Q3 Is it possible to broadcast the IPP document to n destinations in
one end-user's
> procedure like e-mails in Mailing List?

You could build that functionality into an IPP client.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> nobu.

You're welcome.

-Carl