IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Need information

RE: IPP> Need information

Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:01:33 -0700

In looking at RFC 1179, there appear to be no operations defined that
correspond to the Set1 operations. So there is no mapping possible. Of
course, various implementers may have extended the LPR/LPD protocol with
private operation extensions.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Sudarshan [mailto:gsudar@teil.soft.net]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 1999 04:20
To: ipp@pwg.org
Cc: Venkatesh N; Sandeep Kamath
Subject: IPP> Need information

Hello,

I am looking for information related to IPP to LPD mapping
for the SET1 operations (Hold-Job, Release-Job, Pause-Printer etc),
which are defined in IPP/1.1 (but not in IPP/1.0 documents).

The RFC 2569 defines IPP to LPD mapping for IPP/1.0 operations only.

I request you to give me IPP to LPD mapping information for SET1
operations OR pointer to related reference documents.

I thank you for your time.

Thank You,
Sudarshan Ganapathi