IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> OPS - Notes and Agreements on IPP Admin Ops from IPP WG

RE: IPP> OPS - Notes and Agreements on IPP Admin Ops from IPP WG

Zehler, Peter (Peter.Zehler@usa.xerox.com)
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 06:24:31 -0500

All,
I agree with Carl. I see a problem not only with the Interpreter, but also
with the Document. We may be able to resolve the Interpreter issue with
some clever wording. This will not be enough for the Document. As we begin
to address increasingly complex job rendering requirements(i.e. production
printing) we will need to bind attributes not only to jobs but to documents.
I believe that it is a good time to introduce proper Documents into the IPP
model.
Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX