IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Some Instant Messaging resources

RE: IPP> Some Instant Messaging resources

Manros, Carl-Uno B (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:32:46 -0700

Harry,

We will run into trouble trying to reference protocol solutions which do not
yet exist as IETF standards from our IPP Notification documents in the IETF.

However, we could certainly send in an I-D on how to use emerging de facto
standards for IM as a complementary document and elevate it to the same
level as the other IPP Notification documents once the IM work has matured
in the IETF.

How is that as a compromise?

Carl-Uno