IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Proposal for change to notification content

Re: IPP> Proposal for change to notification content

Jay Martin (jkm@underscore.com)
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 12:12:59 -0400

I would like to concur with Dennis' statements about printing
in the Unix world. Unfortunately, the vast amount of printing
done on Unix servers in the commercial world are *not* tightly
bound to the underlying printing system such that page counts
are readily available at all points in the printing process.

...jay