<!ELEMENT provider (
id ID #REQUIRED>
IBM Printing Systems
Maximilian Riegel <email@example.com> on 10/25/99 10:59:40
cc: "Zorn, Glen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Calhoun, Patrice" <email@example.com>
Subject: New internet draft: 'draft-ietf-roamops-phonebook-xml-02.txt'
I have send a new version of the phone book draft named
'draft-ietf-roamops-phonebook-xml-02.txt' to the IETF. It should
appear on the list and in the archives in a few days.
A comprehensive revision of the last draft was undertaken to fix the
items mentioned in Oslo and on the mailing list. What's changed:
- Addition of a introductory paragraph emphasizing the application of
the phone book as standard format for exchanging information between
providers and the roaming consortium as well as between the roaming
consortium and the users.
- Usage of XML attributes for several elements to achieve a more
readable and compact representation of the phone book. In addition the
assigned values of XML attributes can be syntactically checked by a
XML Editor enforcing the compliance with the specification of the DTD
(document type definition). Even more by putting the attribute
definitions into a separate document and importing it by an external
reference into the DTD, extensibility of the specification without
modification of the basic DTD is achieved. This structure allows IANA
to maintain the attribute value space of the phone book.
- Refinements of several elements, e.g. the number of occurrences
allowed for the elements in the setup element, or the predefined
values for the attribute "type" of the "pop"-element "address" (former
- Revision of the complete DTD according to the modifications
introduced by this version.
- Addition of a chapter "IANA considerations" (needs some more
- Addition of a chapter containing simple examples of a roamops phone
Comments are kindly appreciated.