IPP Mail Archive: FW: IPP> OPS - Comments on Set2 and Set3 operations: IPP Printer

FW: IPP> OPS - Comments on Set2 and Set3 operations: IPP Printer

Manros, Carl-Uno B (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:55:41 -0800

Ira,

The spell checker tells me there is no such word as "quiesce".

I must admit that I also have problems with "quiescent", it
is not exactly an everyday word, and I suspect that any non-native
English person would:

1) Have to look it up in a dictionary to understand the meaning

2) Be totally clueless about how to pronounce it

I am speaking from personal experience here, revealing my ignorance.

Not recommended for an international standard if you ask me...

Can't we find a synonym word somehow?

Carl-Uno