IPP Mail Archive: IPP> More work on LDAP 'printer' schema fr

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 16:55:07 EST

    Hi folks,

    I just noticed browsing the I-Ds directory the following

    "An LDAP Directory Schema Solution for Printers"
    by Ken Jones (Sun) from 18 February 2000.

    In the directory 'ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/'

    <draft-sun-ldap-print-schema-00.txt>

    (Sorry that URL won't fit on one line)

    The document abstract says that it describes an LDAP
    directory schema for print services, building upon the
    work done by the IPP WG and with an extension class to
    support existing Sun Microsystems printing system
    implementations.

    The document cites the most recent (January 2000) version
    of the SLP 'printer:' template. I haven't read this yet,
    but we should all be looking at it.

    Harry Lewis and Pat Fleming at IBM, perhaps we should
    collaborate with this fellow Ken Jones? Several competing
    LDAP versions of the IPP/SLP directory schema we don't
    need.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald (consulting architect at Sharp Labs America)
      High North Inc
      (co-editor of SLP 'printer:' template)