IPP Mail Archive: IPP> New I-D for LDAP Printer Schema

IPP> New I-D for LDAP Printer Schema

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 22:30:48 EST

    Hi folks,

    I've just posted the first version of the LDAP Printer
    Schema I-D to the PWG FTP server in the NEW directory:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_LDAP/

    (there's an underscore in 'new_LDAP' in case your mail
    tool hides it by underlining the URL)

    The filename is:

    draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-00.txt

    (Sorry that URL wouldn't fit on one line in this mail
    tool)

    This is the document discussed during today's IPP WG
    Telecon and on the IPP mailing list in the past two weeks.
    Pat Fleming (IBM) is the principal author. Ken Jones (Sun)
    and Harry Lewis (IBM) and I are contributors. Thanks to
    all for this excellent effort under pressure.

    I've just mailed this document to Carl-Uno for forwarding
    to the I-D Editor before the deadline Friday.

    Tom Hastings, would you please render this into a PDF
    for the textually challenged? Thanks! (By the way -
    the WordPad tool on the MS Windows/9x desktop will
    properly print I-Ds if you set top and bottom margins
    to 0.5" and left and right margins to 1.0" before
    reading in the document - WordPad honors formfeeds)

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald (consulting architect at Sharp Labs America)
      High North Inc