IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Revised I-D for SLP 'printer:' te

RE: IPP> Revised I-D for SLP 'printer:' template

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 15:53:03 EST

    Hi Ron,

    I spoke unclearly. Some subsequent version MAY
    fold in Mikael Pahmp's work. One of the key
    problems with his work is that a reasonable
    URL scheme name needs to be chosen and registered
    with IANA. The current 'raw-tcp:' does NOT clarify
    that it's doing print service. I've suggested that
    'printraw:' would be a better name.

    There is also some potential advantage to separate
    I-Ds/RFCs for non-IETF standards track protocols
    (like HP port 9100 and Novell NDPS). This tends
    to map better to the LDAP auxiliary object classes
    for each print protocol.