IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> OPS - Proposal to go back to prec

Re: IPP> OPS - Proposal to go back to precluding 'out-of-band' values withvalues

From: Ron Bergman (rbergma@hitachi-hkis.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 21:05:20 EST

    Tom,

    I must have missed some of the emails, since I don't recall any serious
    problems with extending parsers to allow new out-of-band values to
    have a non-zero value. However, I don't see a strong need for the
    value to be present as proposed for 'any-value'. So, I have no
    objection to Yet Another Proposal (YAP). ;-)

    But why are you proposing the name change to 'custom'? This name
    could have implied meanings which are not appropriate. I much
    prefer keeping the name 'any-value'. An alternative name suggestion
    is 'admin-type', short for "it can be administratively defined."

    Again, I cannot attend the conference call tomorrow, due to meeting
    conflicts. Long time ago there were meeting minutes that summarized
    the decisions made in the conference calls. Now, the only minutes
    are deeply imbedded in new documents. Sure would be nice to see
    minutes again. I am sure that there are many who are unable to
    participate that would like to see the decisions made.

        Ron Bergman
        Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions