IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP>NOT IETF talk on notification

Re: IPP>NOT IETF talk on notification

From: Hugo Parra (HPARRA@novell.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 12:42:54 EST

    Bob,

    It looks like you're going to engage the IESG in a good discussion. Excellent. I have a comment on the "indp:" slide. I think saying that the notify recipient "acts like a Printer" is inaccurate and can create a lot of confusion. I don't think that everything that implements an HTTP server stack and accepts requests formatted with the "application/ipp" encoding needs to be described as acting like a printer. I would rather say it behaves as an http server.

    -Hugo

    >>> "Herriot, Robert" <Robert.Herriot@pahv.xerox.com> 03/21/00 08:00PM >>>
    I have downloaded a powerpoint presentation on notification for the IETF
    meeting next week.

    We plan to look at it for tomorrow's teleconference.

    It is at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_NOT/talkNotify000321.ppt