IPP Mail Archive: IPP> LDAP comment

IPP> LDAP comment

From: harryl@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 18:15:40 EDT

    Here is a comment from our internal review of the LDAP schema that
    I thought I'd share with the IPP group and solicit comments.

       Page 7, sections 3.3 and 3.4. Referring to
       the structural class printerService and the
       Aux class printerServiceAuxClass.

       Are we sure that printer-uri is the right
       attribute for naming these services. What if the
       physical printer and associated printer service moves
       from one domain to another. The printer-uri would
       change, thus the instance name would change. The
       question is whether printer-name might be a better
       choice for naming in this case than printer-uri.

       If we stick with printer-uri, it might be useful to
       include an example of the above.

    Harry Lewis
    IBM Printing Systems