IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> How to prevent spam in email noti

RE: IPP> How to prevent spam in email notifications?

From: Paul Moore (pmoore@peerless.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 12:45:19 EDT

    I dont beleive I have a simplistic view - I am merely asking you to be specific.
    Saying 'spamming' is like say we must protect ourselves against 'hacking', the
    term is vague and overloaded. In our prior security discussion we explicitly
    state the threats and our counter measures. All I am asking for is for somebody
    to explicitly and precisely specify the threat that we are trying to address -
    then we can design a solution