IPP Mail Archive: IPP> RE: service template registry on-line

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Thu May 11 2000 - 12:58:42 EDT

    Hi Erik,

    THANKS!

    I just checked this registry and found the old 'printer'
    template (v1.0) which had serious attribute naming problems
    when converted to an LDAP schema. The IETF IPP WG considers
    the SLP 'printer' v1.0 template obsolete and prefers the use
    of the 'printer' v2.0 template which is currently located at:

    ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

    in the file:

    draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-06.txt (8 March 2000)

    I'm happy to follow the right procedure to get this revised
    'printer' template registered - should I look at RFC 2609 and
    submit it to you (the designated reviewer)?

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald, IPP WG member
      (co-author of SLP 'printer' template)
      (co-author of LDAP 'printer' schema)