IPP Mail Archive: IPP> Re: ADM - License alternative

IPP> Re: ADM - License alternative

From: Paul Moore (pmoore@peerless.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 14:18:12 EDT

    I suggest that we work out what our intent is first and then find some form of
    words (either pre-existing ot new) that expresses that intent. There are many
    choices:-
    public domain
    'Open Source' - that has a multitude of meanings
    licensed - but royalty free

    [cp10.es.xerox.com]:cmanros@PSC
    05/12/2000 10:14 AM

    cc:

    Subject: ADM - License alternative

    All,

    In earlier discussions with Phil Rackus from Corel, he suggested that the
    license described on the following web site might be of interest for us to
    look closer at for an Open Source project on IPP Clients.

         http://www.fsf.org/copyleft/lesser.html

    Carl-Uno

    Carl-Uno Manros
    Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
    Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
    Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com

    • application/octet-stream attachment: Mime.822