IPP Mail Archive: IPP> Re: IFX> Some current Internet FAX

From: Richard Shockey (rshockey@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 16:14:33 EDT

    At 12:44 PM 6/21/2000 -0700, McDonald, Ira wrote:
    >Copies: ipp@pwg.org, ifx@pwg.org
    >
    >Hi folks, Wednesday (21 June 2000)
    >
    >Per my action from today's IPP WG Telecon, below is a list of the RFCs
    >that are pertinent for Internet Fax and therefore for QualDocs (IFax
    >over IPP).
    >
    >Cheers,
    >- Ira McDonald
    > High North Inc

    This is excellent Ira. . I just want make it publicly clear, as I stated in
    the IPP Telecon today that I am totally in favor of the PWG taking on the
    QUALDOCS work independently of the IETF.

    There is no reason to wait any longer.

    I don't think this should be interpreted as a reproach of the IETF, far
    from it, it only a simple recognition of the difficulties APP's Area
    Directors have in taking on new work.

    Only one new WG, VPIM has received a charter since IETF in Australia.

    QUALDOCS has had 3 successful BOF's and a team assembled ready to start
    work ....but no charter.

    I would continue to extend a open invitation to the members of the IETF-FAX
    work group to participate in a PWG QUALDOCS project through this list and
    through invitations to the regularly scheduled IPP meetings.

    Please Note New Contact Information:

    Richard Shockey
    Shockey Consulting LLC
    5237 Sutherland
    St. Louis, MO 63109
    Voice 314.503.0640
    eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
    INTERNET Mail & IFAX : rshockey@ix.netcom.com