IPP Mail Archive: IPP> RE: Notification Spec feedback

IPP> RE: Notification Spec feedback

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2000 - 19:39:42 EDT

    Hugo,

    Thanks for your detailed comments. We went through them and we believe that
    the new version (6/30/00) addresses all of your points.

    One of your suggestions was that Subscribing Clients be able to request
    non-persistent Per-Job Subscriptions (as well as Per-Printer Subscriptions).
    One of the issues listed is whether this is necessary. The 6/30 version has
    the "notify-persistence" (boolean) as a Subscription Template attribute so
    that a client can supply it on any Subscription Creation operation whether
    creating Per-Job or Per-Printer subscriptions.

    It would help resolve this issue if you could give a use case when a
    Subscribing Client would want to do such a thing? Is it when a server is
    piggy backing notification onto a job that it received from a client and
    submits to a Printer?

    Thanks,
    Tom and Bob