IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> OPS - Redirect-Job (a ka Move-Job

RE: IPP> OPS - Redirect-Job (a ka Move-Job) included in Job and P rinter A dmin (Set2) spec

From: kugler@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 14:25:19 EDT

    Ira wrote:
    >Hi Carl,
    >
    >Right DPA part 3 (ISO 10175-3) is where the main system admin
    >operations are defined.
    >
    >The Xerox implementation of 'pdresubmit' in the PrintXchange
    >product (when last I checked) only moved jobs within the same
    >server. I was under the impression that the same was true
    >of the NDPS (DPA-based) move job operation.
    >
    >Glad to hear IBM did it - have you verified that it can really
    >be moved to another scheduler and host system?

    Yes, this capability has been tested many times over the years:

    pdresubmit Command: Resubmits Jobs
    Syntax:
    pdresubmit [-c ObjectClass][-g][-r "RequestedAttribute ..."]
    [-s StyleName]
    [-x "attribute=value ..."][-X AttributesFileName]
    [ ServerName:] TargetLogicalDestinationName
    { LocalJobID ... | GlobalJobID ... |
    [ ServerName:] QueueName ... |
    [ ServerName:] DestinationName ...}
    Description
    Use the pdresubmit command to resubmit an existing job to a specific
    logical
    destination. The logical destination can be in the same server as the
    logical
    destination to which the job was first submitted or a different server.
    "If the logical destination specified is in a different server, the old
    server resubmits
    the job with all of its current attributes to the new server. Infoprint
    includes any
    default attributes associated with the old server so that the new job
    remains as
    similar as possible to the old job. If the new server accepts the job, it
    assigns a new
    global job identifier and the old global job identifier becomes invalid.
    Notes:
    1. Infoprint does not change the global job identifier for the job if you
    resubmit the
    job to a logical destination on the same server.
    2. Infoprint changes the global job identifier for the job if you resubmit
    the job to a
    logical destination on a different server. However, if you are the
    job-owner, you
    can still use the same local job identifier.

         -Carl

    >Cheers,
    >- Ira

    ModifyJob,