IPP Mail Archive: IPP> ADM - IETF IPP WG Last Call for IPP:

From: Manros, Carl-Uno B (cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 19:24:45 EDT

    All,

    This is a working group Last Call for the following four IPP
    Notification documents:

            IPP: Requirements for IPP Notifications
    <draft-ietf-ipp-not-04.tx>

            IPP: Event Notification Specification
            <draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-04.txt>

            IPP: Job Progress Attributes
            <draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-00.txt>

            IPP: The 'mailto' Notification Delivery Method
            <draft-ietf-ipp-notify-mailto-02.txt>

    The latest version of these document have been forwarded to
    the Internet Draft directory.

    Please note that "IPP: The 'indp:' Notification Delivery Method
    document did not make it in time for the IETF 48 cut-off, so will be
    sent out for IPP WG Last Call as soon as possible after the IETF
    meeting.

    -----

    The Last Call notice follows:

            This is a formal request for final comments within the IETF IPP
    working group for four documents. The document are:

    "Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Requirements for IPP Notifications"
    "Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Event Notification Specification"
    "Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Job Progress Attributes"
    "Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'mailto' Notification Delivery
    Method"

    which are being proposed for forwarding on to the IESG for consideration as
    Standards Track documents to complement the previous suite of IPP/1.0 and
    IPP/1.1 documents. This is a working group product, which has been
    thoroughly
    discussed since early 1999.

    Note that the "The 'mailto' Notification Delivery Method" document is only
    one of several possible notification delivery documents on which the WG has
    been working. Expect to see further such documents for IPP WG Last Call.

    The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
    forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which have
    not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
    correction.

    Last Calls are for a minimum of 2 weeks. We will start the Last Call period
    tomorrow Tuesday 25 July, 2000 and the period for working group comments
    will
    close on Wednesday 9 August, 2000 (US Pacific time reference) to span the
    upcoming IETF 48 meeting.

    The relevant documents are:

            Title : Internet Printing Protocol: Requirements for IPP
                              Notifications
            Author(s) : R. deBry, H. Lewis, T. Hastings
            Filename : draft-ietf-ipp-not-04.txt
            Pages : 15
            Date : 07-Jul-00

    This document is one of a set of documents, which together describe all
    aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). IPP is an application
    level protocol that can be used for distributed printing on the
    Internet. There are multiple parts to IPP, but the primary architectural
    components are the Model and Semantics, and the Encoding and Transport
    documents. This document provides a statement of the requirements for
    notifications as part of an IPP Service.

    A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-04.txt

    Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
    "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
    type "cd internet-drafts" and then
            "get draft-ietf-ipp-not-04.txt".

    http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

    Send a message to:
            mailserv@ietf.org.
    In the body type:
            "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-04.txt".

    ---

    Title : Internet Printing Protocol(IPP:IPP Event Notification Specification Author(s) : R. Herriot, T. Hastings, R. deBry, S. Isaacson, J. Martin, M. Shepherd, R. Bergman Filename : draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-04.txt Pages : 93 Date : 21-Jul-00 This document describes an extension to the IPP/1.0, IPP/1.1, and future versions. This extension allows a client to subscribe to printing related Events. Subscriptions are modeled as Subscription Objects. The Subscription Object specifies that when one of the specified Event occurs, the Printer sends an asynchronous Event Notification to the specified Notification Recipient via the specified Delivery Method (i.e., protocol). A client associates Subscription Objects with a particular Job by performing the Create-Job-Subscriptions operation or by submitting a Job with subscription information. A client associates Subscription Objects with the Printer by performing a Create-Printer- Subscriptions operation. Four other operations are defined for Subscription Objects: Get-Subscriptions-Attributes, Get-Subscriptions, Renew-Subscription, and Cancel-Subscription.

    A URL for this Internet-Draft is: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-04.txt

    Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then "get draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-04.txt".

    A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

    Send a message to: mailserv@ietf.org. In the body type: "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-04.txt".

    ---

    Send a message to: mailserv@ietf.org. In the body type: "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-04.txt".

    Title : IPP: Job Progress Attributes Author(s) : T. Hastings, H. Lewis, R. Bergman Filename : draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-00.txt Pages : 14 Date : 07-Jul-00 This document defines four new Job Description attributes for monitoring job progress to be registered as extensions to IPP/1.0 [RFC2566] and IPP/1.1 [ipp-mod]. These attributes are drawn from the PWG Job Monitoring MIB [rfc2707]. The new Job Description attributes are: 'job-collation-type' (type2 enum) 'sheet-completed-copy-number' (integer(0:MAX)) 'sheet-completed-document-number' (integer(0:MAX)) 'impressions-completed-current-copy' (integer(0:MAX)) This document also defines a new 'sheet-collate' Job Template attribute to control sheet collation and to help with the interpretation of the job progress attributes. These new attributes may also be used by themselves in combination with the IPP/1.1 'job-impressions-completed' attribute as useful job progress monitoring attributes and/or may be passed in an IPP Notification (see [ipp-ntfy]).

    A URL for this Internet-Draft is: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-00.txt

    Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then "get draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-00.txt".

    A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

    Send a message to: mailserv@ietf.org. In the body type: "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-job-prog-00.txt".

    --- Title : Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'mailto:' Notification Delivery Method Author(s) : R. Herriot, H. Holst, T. Hastings, C. Manros Filename : draft-ietf-ipp-notify-mailto-02.txt Pages : 29 Date : 21-Jul-00 The notification extension document [ipp-ntfy] defines operations that a client can perform in order to create Subscription Objects in a Printer and carry out other operations on them. The Subscription Object specifies that when one of the specified Events occurs, the Printer sends an asynchronous Event Notification to the specified Notification Recipient via the specified Delivery Method (i.e., protocol).

    The notification extension document [ipp-ntfy] specifies that each Delivery Method is defined in another document. This document is one such document, and it specifies the 'mailto' delivery method.

    For this Delivery Method, when an Event occurs, the Printer immediately sends an Event Notification via an email message to the Notification Recipient specified in the Subscription Object. The message body of the email consists of Human Consumable text and is not intended to be parsed by a machine.

    A URL for this Internet-Draft is: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-notify-mailto-02.txt

    Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then "get draft-ietf-ipp-notify-mailto-02.txt".

    A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

    Send a message to: mailserv@ietf.org. In the body type: "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-notify-mailto-02.txt".

    ---

    NOTE: The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use this feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE" command. To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or a MIME-compliant mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on how to manipulate these messages.

    ---

    Sincerely,

    Carl-Uno Manros Chair of IETF IPP WG

    Carl-Uno Manros Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation 701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231 Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514 Email: manros@cp10.es.xerox.com