IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> REG - Proposal for "job-reci

RE: IPP> REG - Proposal for "job-recipient-name" Job Template att ribute

From: Mike Bartman (bartman@process.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 15:18:00 EDT

    Sorry to butt in, but is there a reason not to allow wildcards and lists?
    That would allow validation and some restriction, without requiring that the
    printer know every legal recipient. Something like "*@my.org,
    *@my.other.org" would prevent using the printer to spam the net, while still
    not restricting internal distributions or requiring a lot of administrative
    work. The "any" spec would then just be "*".

    As far as clients being upset at attributes they don't recognize, wasn't
    there something in the IPP 1.0 RFCs that said that such things should just
    be ignored?

    Just ignore me if there's a major reason why this isn't possible or would be
    overly problematic.

        -- Mike "back to my IPP client implementation work" Bartman --