IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> PPE - Issue about adding "me

Re: IPP> PPE - Issue about adding "media-size" by name in addition to "media-size" by dimensions

From: Roelof Hamberg (rham@oce.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 02:48:20 EDT

    "Hastings, Tom N" wrote:

    > OK to go back to the original specification with just
    > "media-size" (collection) in which only the dimensions in
    > hundredths of a millimeter (equivalent to 1/2540 th of an inch
    > resolution)?

    Tom,

    I agree with you that having the single pair of numbers is sufficient to
    specify size. The only thing is, if you replace a custom size (specified
    by the user) in the client by a named size, the user might not recognize
    his own settings. With numbers only, there is no way to avoid this.

    So, I'm not in favour of rewinding the decision.

    Roelof Hamberg

    Océ-Technologies B.V. P.O. Box 101 phoneto:+31 77 359 5869
    Research & Development / DVS 5900 MA Venlo faxto:+31 77 359 5337
    internal location 3N-40 The Netherlands mailto:rham@oce.nl