IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> NOT - Updated 'ipp-get' Delivery

RE: IPP> NOT - Updated 'ipp-get' Delivery Method for Event Notifi cation po sted

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 17:41:56 EDT

    Hi Carl-Uno and Tom,

    Yes - I support moving the 'ippget:' (in-band IPP
    notifications) proposal forward as a RECOMMENDED
    method.

    I believe, after we have more implementation and
    interop testing experience, we ultimately WILL be
    able to decide on one (or two?) IPP notification
    delivery methods that are REQUIRED for all IPP
    Printers that support notifications. But that
    time is in the future.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox and Sharp
      High North Inc

    PS - I've just read this latest draft and will send
    some mostly minor comments at some point on the list.