IPP Mail Archive: IPP> new version of constraints spec

IPP> new version of constraints spec

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 16:40:55 EDT

    We have finished a new level of the constraints specification.
    All comments from Chicago are implemented.
    As paper handling is the area where constraints are mostly used, we are
    partly working on paper handling as well. Therefore the attached samples are
    taken from paper handling.
    I am updating the constraints specification documentation right now and will
    share it with you shortly.

    Please take a few minutes to study it. It is small enough. The samples
    hopefully fill it with life.

    One open question is how can we provide hooks for proprietary constraints.
    For now I leave that aside. I will watch how much this is a requirement.
    Perhaps the concept is flexible enough for all necessary implementations.

    I copy the IPP group, as constraints have been an issue there for quite a
    while. Please check whether this proposal can solve your problems.

    Regards
    Norbert Schade

    Oak Technology, Inc.
    Imaging Group