IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> NOT> "notify-status-code&

Re: IPP> NOT> "notify-status-code" is undefined

From: Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM (kugler@us.ibm.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 20:27:43 EDT

    I'm all for enums, however, enum attributes are still SIGNED-INTEGER, 4
    bytes.

         -Carl

    "Hugo Parra" <HPARRA@novell.com> on 10/16/2000 09:08:19 PM

    To: Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS
    cc:
    Subject: Re: IPP> NOT> "notify-status-code" is undefined

    Their value range would suggest that "notify-status-code"s are in the same
    space as the other regular IPP "status-codes". For that reason I'd suggest
    that they be encoded the same way as "status-codes" i.e., with two bytes.
    I'm currently using ENUM to encode them. What do others think?

    -Hugo

    >>> "Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM" <kugler@us.ibm.com> 10/10/00 03:56PM >>>
    ipp-not-spec-000830 fails to specify the attribute syntax for
    "notify-status-code" (returned in the Subscription Attributes Groups of

    It's not really obvious how to encode it, either. The operation attribute
    group's "status-code" is a SIGNED-SHORT in a special location. There is no
    attribute tag for a SIGNED-SHORT. "Integer" and "enum" are SIGNED-INTEGER.

    I'm guessing it should be (integer(0x00000001:0x00000415))?

         -Carl