IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Bake Off 3 issue 1

RE: IPP> Bake Off 3 issue 1

From: Mike Bartman (bartman@process.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 15:08:28 EDT

    I thought that was part of the IPP 1.0 spec? Perhaps it was just
    interpreted by some client implementers to mean that it could optionally
    arrive after a request, but not at other times? If so, a little additional
    clarification might be good. Since having one arrive doesn't require any
    action on the part of the client, and it's not guaranteed to arrive from all
    server, it's essentially a no-op, and when I wrote mine I just set it up to
    ignore it whenever it arrived.

      -- Mike "if that's wrong, please let me know!" Bartman --