IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> IPP Bake Off 3 Issue 2

Re: IPP> IPP Bake Off 3 Issue 2

From: Atsushi Uchino (uchino@eitc.epson.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 18:44:29 EST

    Client dosen't care which layer does authentication. Even if it dose
    in IPP layer, it seems to be irrelevant for requiring IPP header
    for each HTTP packet.
    I'd like to propose:

    Proposed Resolution: The Client may send empty HTTP post for
        authentication as challeng request. The IPP Server should accept
        an empty HTTP post if the URL requires authentication and issues
        a challenge based on the URL of the post.

    Atsushi / EPSON