IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> IPP Bake Off 3 Issue 2

RE: IPP> IPP Bake Off 3 Issue 2

From: Atsushi Uchino (uchino@eitc.epson.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 13:29:20 EST

    Ross,

    I can't understand why it is significant that IPP printer URL is different
    from Printer's URL for home page. Those are completely different object,
    I believe no one complains if IPP URL is not same as printer's one.
    Also if your printer has two IPP port, one dosen't require authentication
    and the other do, printer has to have two URL.

    If we mix two different things to one, it will make things too complicate.

    Atsushi