IPP Mail Archive: IPP> draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-04

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 17:34:20 EST

    Copies: Carl-Uno Manros <cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com>
            IPP WG <ipp@pwg.org>
            SVRLOC WG <srvloc@srvloc.org>

    Hi folks, Wednesday (20 December 2000)

    I've just sent a new version of 'IPP: LDAP Schema for Printer Services'
    to the Internet-Drafts editor and posted a copy on the PWG server in the
    directory 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_LDAP/' in the file:

        draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-04.txt (December 2000)

    Changes are described in my note the I-D Editor below.

    Carl-Uno Manros (IETF IPP WG chair) will notify our IETF Applications
    Area Directors and the other IESG members that this is the final draft
    ready for publication as an IETF 'standards track' RFC.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox and Sharp
      High North Inc
      imcdonald@sharplabs.com
      imcdonald@crt.xerox.com

    PS - '.pdf' version will be available in January when Tom Hastings
    returns from vacation and make it.

    Copies: "Internet Drafts Editor" <internet-drafts@ietf.org>
            "Pat Fleming" <flemingp@us.ibm.com>
            "Harry Lewis" <harryl@us.ibm.com>
            "Ken Jones" <kenjones@estarcom.com>
            "Ira McDonald" <imcdonald@sharplabs.com>
            "Ira McDonald" <imcdonald@crt.xerox.com>

    I-D Editor, Wednesday (20 December 2000)

    IETF IPP WG:

    Please place this document in the Internet-Drafts repository named:

        <draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-04.txt> (December 2000)

    It replaces the previous:

        <draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-03.txt> (August 2000)

    This document defines a translation of the SLP 'printer' template to an
    equivalent LDAP 'printer' schema. It is a a conforming superset of
    Appendix E 'Generic Directory Schema' IPP/1.1 Model, RFC 2911, September
    2000.

    This draft has been updated: a) to assign complete OIDs to all newly
    defined LDAP schema and LDAP attributes (in the IBM managed LDAP OID
    tree); b) to correct references to IPP and SLP RFCs (issued since the
    August 2000 previous draft); and c) to correct authors' contact info.

    Thanks very much,
    - Ira McDonald (IPP WG member, co-editor of LDAP printer schema)
      High North Inc
      imcdonald@sharplabs.com
      imcdonald@crt.xerox.com