IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> URL - Improved conformance for IP

RE: IPP> URL - Improved conformance for IPP URLs - 1 Feb 2001

From: Herriot, Robert (Robert.Herriot@pahv.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 19:10:45 EST

    I have a comment which pertains to 3 rules: 5.1.a, 5.2.a and 5.2.b. Each of
    these rules specifies something about IPP URLs and mentions one IPP
    attribute as an example. Section 5 of RFC 2910 specifies the attributes that
    contain an "ipp-URL".

    But this draft does not make an adequate link between its term "IPP URL" and
    the RFC 2910 term "ipp-URL". Perhaps there should be a more explicit link
    between these two concepts.

    In addition, a reader can infer from 5.1.a, 5.2.a and 5.2.b that a URL with
    a scheme other than "ipp" is OK. RFC 2910 suggests that that certain
    specified attributes can only contain ipp-URLs, but the language is not as
    strong as it could be.

    Bob Herriot