IPP Mail Archive: IPP> NOT - Last Call comments from PWG mee

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 18:30:50 EST

  • Next message: Hastings, Tom N: "IPP> NOT - Last Call comments from the PWG meeting on "IPP: The 'indp' Delivery Method for Event Notifications and Protocol/1.0" closing on Mar ch 26, 2001"

    I've extracted the edits that Don made at the IPP WG meeting in Tampa so
    that the mailing list can see them regarding the "Internet Printing Protocol
    (IPP): The 'ippget' Notification Delivery Method for Event Notifications"
    out for IPP WG Last Call closing on March 26, 2001. These comments are
    being treated as Last Call comments. Send any comments on these comments to
    the entire mailing list.

    1. In Table 2 - Attributes in Event Notification Content, When the '*' was
    added to the MUST for printer-current-time why was it not a double asterisk
    added to notify-user-data and a triple asterisk added to the others below
    that?

    2. In section 6.2.1 notify-recipient-uri (uri), end of section, call out a
    reference to Section 9 here which is the new section entitled "The IPPGET
    URL Scheme".

    3. In section 9.4 The IPPGET URL Scheme Character Encoding, change "host
    name or host address part" to "scheme and host or host address part". Also
    change 'path' to 'abs_path' to give:

    The 'ippget' URL scheme defined in this document is based on the ABNF for
    the URI Generic Syntax [RFC2396] and further updated by [RFC2732] and
    [RFC2373] (for IPv6 addresses in URLs). The 'ippget' URL scheme is
    case-insensitive in the scheme and host or host address part; however, the
    'abs_path' part is case-sensitive, as in [RFC2396]. Code points outside
    [US-ASCII] MUST be hex escaped by the mechanism specified in [RFC2396].

    4. End of section 9.5.1 IPPGET URL Examples, MORE EXPLANATION OF THE
    ALTERNATIVE URL FORMS (or a pointer to where it is explained) AND WHY TO USE
    ONE OVER THE OTHER WOULD BE HELPFUL HERE.

    5. In section 9.5.2 IPPGET URL Comparisons, SIMPLER EXPLANATION?

    6. In section 11.2 Conformance for IPP Clients, why is the following
    required for clients:

       4. MUST convert the associated 'ipp' URLs to their corresponding 'http'
    URL forms according to the rules in section 5 "IPP URL Scheme" in [RFC2910].