IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> global media color attribute

RE: IPP> global media color attribute

From: Herriot, Robert (Robert.Herriot@pahv.xerox.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 15:08:31 EDT

    Several months ago, we considered the idea you are proposing and decided not
    to accept it because the RGB value is too narrow. That is, there are two
    many values that are perceptually identical or nearly so.

    We decided that the subjective concept of "yellow" is more useful than an
    objective RGB value. We decided that most users would accept
    "media-color-FFFF", "media-color-E0E0", "media-color-E0FF" and
    "media-color-FFE0" all as yellow media and would be unhappy if their request
    for media-color-FFFF" were rejected because "media-color-E0FF" is available
    instead.