IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Comments on Media Size Objectives

RE: IPP> Comments on Media Size Objectives

From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 10:43:59 EDT

    Well, again, I think it is challenging the elasticity of the main goal
    which was to establish one authoritative list of STANDARD media sizes. In
    an XML encoding I can picture distinguishing media name as belonging to a
    "standard" vs. "private" naming authority. If we MUST accommodate this
    goal in the compromise syntax, I guess I suggest a convention of the
    "class" or "naming authority" such as

    "vend-xxx"

    where xxx could be the name of a vendor or customer.

    Again, I believe it would be better to keep the media names in this list
    we are collecting STANDARD and fairly SIMPLE.
    Harry Lewis
    IBM Printing Systems

    "Carl-Uno Manros" <carl@manros.com>
    05/09/2001 10:35 PM