IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Comments on Media Size Objectives

RE: IPP> Comments on Media Size Objectives

From: pmoore@netreon.com
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 17:49:54 EDT

    if the intent is to convey the media size to the app why do we care about vendor
    names etc. Why isnt the size just sent ("8.5x11in"). Why does the media size
    attribute have to include a name at all - are lexmark inches somehow different
    from kinko inches?

    What is the difference between us-a4.8x11in and wizo-vend-foo-bang.8x11in if the
    purpuse of this spec is to convey the size of the media. It seems that the
    intent is not to convey the size of the media but the name of the size too -
    this is a quite different thing (the requirements dont say anything about
    conveying the name of the size).

    "Hastings, Tom N" <hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com> on 05/10/2001 02:21:03 PM