IPP Mail Archive: IPP> FW: x or - [some input from Japan on

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 14:16:59 EDT

    For our PWG Media Size telecon today, here is some input from Japan about
    the use of "x" versus "-" in our Media Size Self Describing Names and in
    localization that clients might do for the names.

    It looks like Don's concern that "x" might be confusing to Asian folks is
    not an issue. However, it was important to ask and not just assume
    something incorrect.

    Thanks,
    Tom