IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Re: IPPGET allowing the Printer t

Re: IPP> Re: IPPGET allowing the Printer to request the client todisconnect

From: Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 13:08:19 EDT

    mjoel@netreon.com wrote:

    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > I'd like it shorter too. But isn't it too late? Aren't there already
    > ippget implementations?

    Yes, but the "suggested-xyz" attributes are being proposed as a
    change (addition) to the current spec. Since these attributes
    haven't been implemented yet, we can change the names...

    (personally, I'd love to be able to fix the numerous misspellings
    in the current attribute and status names, but for those it is
    indeed too late...)

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com