IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Re: FW: IPPGET inconsistency on c

Re: IPP> Re: FW: IPPGET inconsistency on comparing URLs [polling any kind of URL]

From: Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 17:07:51 EDT

    "Manros, Carl-Uno B" wrote:
    > If we haven't specified that the "notify-recipient-uri" in the
    > Get-Notifications, be an ippget URI, it seems to me to be an
    > omission in the draft text. To my knowledge, it was never the
    > intention to allow anything else than an ippget URI for this
    > version of notifications, and I am strongly against now trying to
    > suddenly add new functionality which wasn't intended.

    FWIW, if we allow Get-Notifications to apply to more than just
    ippget, then all of the Get-Notifications stuff needs to be moved
    to the main IPP Notifications spec, right?

    My vote is to not allow other notification methods to use
    Get-Notifications; it is specifically for ippget, and should
    probably stay that way (otherwise you enter the realm of
    multiple recipients for a single subscription, right? :)

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com