IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Duplicate ippget events

Re: IPP> Duplicate ippget events

From: Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 19:57:09 EDT

    "Hastings, Tom N" wrote:
    > However, remember this problem is only for using Get-Notifications
    > in Event No Wait mode (polling). For Event Wait mode, there aren't
    > any duplicate events returned to a Notification Recipient. If we
    > think that the majority of use will be with Event Wait Mode, then we
    > don't need to solve the problem for Event No Wait Mode.

    Even with the multipart encoding, I think there will still be a
    significant number of implementations that don't implement the
    event wait mode, and if we don't provide a way for clients to
    specify what they've already seen then the efficiency of ippget
    in this mode will be quite poor.

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com