IPP Mail Archive: IPP> Re IPP NOT - 9 issues in the IPPGET s

From: Carl Kugler (kugler@us.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 16:56:35 EDT

    IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> NOT - 9 issues in the IPPGET specMS> I think
    event-wait-mode should be OPTIONAL but RECOMMENDED. There
        will always be client and server implementations that can't do the
        multipart encoding, or can't spare the extra socket resources.

    Even when event-wait-mode is false, I think multipart encoding would be very
    desirable, otherwise you can only send a single notification per operation,
    even if several are waiting to be delivered. This is a lot of overhead,
    especially if persistent connections aren't used.

        -Carl