IPP Mail Archive: IPP> LDAP Printer Schema v0.5 (28 August 2

From: McDonald, Ira (IMcDonald@crt.xerox.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 16:26:08 EDT

    Copies: Carl-Uno Manros <cmanros@cp10.es.xerox.com>
            IPP WG <ipp@pwg.org>
            SLP Discussion List <srvloc-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>

    Hi folks, Tuesday (28 August 2001)

    I've just sent a new version of 'IPP: LDAP Schema for Printer Services'
    to the Internet-Drafts editor and posted a copy on the PWG server in the
    directory 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_LDAP/' in the file:

        draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-05.txt (August 2001)

    Changes are described in my note to the I-D Editor below.

    Carl-Uno Manros (IETF IPP WG chair) will notify the IESG and our IETF
    Applications Area Directors that this document is ready for publication
    as an IETF Informational RFC (normal practice for LDAP schema documents)
    as requested by our IETF reviewer Kurt Zeilenga (OpenLDAP) and our IETF
    Apps AD Patrik Faltstrom (Cisco).

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox
      High North Inc
      imcdonald@crt.xerox.com

    Copies: "Internet Drafts Editor" <internet-drafts@ietf.org>
            "Pat Fleming" <flemingp@us.ibm.com>
            "Harry Lewis" <harryl@us.ibm.com>
            "Ken Jones" <kenjones@estarcom.com>
            "Ira McDonald" <imcdonald@crt.xerox.com>

    I-D Editor, Tuesday (28 August 2001)

    IETF IPP WG:

    Please place this document in the Internet-Drafts repository named:

        <draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-05.txt> (August 2001)

    It replaces the previous:

        <draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-04.txt> (December 2000)

    This document defines a translation of the SLP 'printer' template to an
    equivalent LDAP 'printer' schema. It is a a conforming superset of
    Appendix E 'Generic Directory Schema' IPP/1.1 Model, RFC 2911, September
    2000.

    This draft has been updated: a) to label the Category as Informational;
    b) to add Section 6 'Definition of Matching Rules'; c) to correct typos;
    and d) to correct references to various RFCs.

    Thanks very much,
    - Ira McDonald (IPP WG member, co-editor of LDAP printer schema)
      High North Inc
      imcdonald@crt.xerox.com