IPP Mail Archive: IPP> "Accepting Subscriptions" P

From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 17:04:07 EDT

    We find the scenario where the printer is open to notification
    subscription requests during a (perhaps temporary) period when SMTP is not
    configured. What does IPP suggest in this case? There is an error "client-error-too-many-subscriptions" which could be overloaded for this purpose. We feel that the optimal
    approach might be a new Printer Description Attribute "printer-is-accepting-subscriptions" (Boolean) similar to what we have for
    jobs.
    Harry Lewis
    IBM Printing Systems