IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> NOT - IPPGET Delivery Method - IS

RE: IPP> NOT - IPPGET Delivery Method - ISSUE 02 'ippget' URI

From: McDonald, Ira (IMcDonald@crt.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 15:53:44 EDT

    Hi Michael,

    First, I suggest that any Subscription with a missing/empty
    "notify-recipient-uri" MUST support retrieval of those
    notifications via IPPGET in-band and MAY support one or
    more other client pull methods for notification retrieval.

    Second, I agree that we have an ambiguity about WHICH are
    the supported client pull methods, so how about a second
    attribute (strictly alternate to "notify-recipient-uri",
    so that one or the other MUST be in every Subscription),
    called "notify-pull-method (1setOf keyword)", so that the
    Printer attribute "notify-pull-method-supported" can enumerate
    all the client pull methods supported by an implementation.

    OK?

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald