IPP Mail Archive: IPP> Re: Last Call comment to remove redir

From: Robert Herriot (bob@herriot.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 05:05:07 EDT

    Harry says that redirect is simple to implement. I agree, but implementation
    is only part of the issue.
    Each feature requires documentation, testing and support. There is no such
    thing as a free feature.

    Very few people have responded to this issue and no one has said that it is
    a necessary feature.

    So, it would seem hard to justify keeping a feature that.seems to have no
    value to anyone, but does have a cost to every vendor.

    Bob Herriot