IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Moving forward with IPPGET and RE

RE: IPP> Moving forward with IPPGET and REDIRECT

From: Carl (carl@manros.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 01:55:06 EDT

    Thanks Harry

    Carl-Uno

    Carl-Uno Manros
    10701 S Eastern Ave #1117
    Henderson, NV 89052, USA
    Tel +1-702-617-9414
    Fax +1-702-617-9417
    Mob +1-702-525-0727
    Email carl@manros.com

      -----Original Message-----
      From: owner-ipp@pwg.org [mailto:owner-ipp@pwg.org]On Behalf Of Harry Lewis
      Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 10:25 AM
      To: Carl
      Cc: Robert Herriot; Hastings, Tom N; ipp@pwg.org; imcdonald@sharplabs.com
      Subject: IPP> Moving forward with IPPGET and REDIRECT

      The main goal of ippget is to specify a mandatory (native) IPP
    notification delivery method. Since ippget *redirect*, with the implied
    notification server, may be implemented as part of a broader notification
    *system*, I agree to separate redirect from the IETF draft so that we can

      1. Move forward on the mandatory IPP notification IETF drafts
      2. Better investigate and document the role of notification server and
    notification redirection in the context of a PWG standard.
      Harry Lewis
      IBM Printing Systems