IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Document Object Spec Comments...

RE: IPP> Document Object Spec Comments... [Validate-Job for each document vs. Create-Document/Send-Data]

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 10:57:57 EDT

    Hi Dennis,

    While I agree with your reasoning, the good reason to remove
    Create-Document and Send-Data is that they _were_ added some
    months back to echo PSI functionality, but they do _not_
    actually map to any PSI functionality (they are both
    incomplete in fundamental ways).

    I suggest we don't add dubious operations without strong
    requirements for them.

    We need closure on the IPP Document object. And we need
    it to be implementable and unambiguous.

    Cheers,
    - Ira McDonald
      High North Inc