IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> IMPORTANT - Proposal to not progr

RE: IPP> IMPORTANT - Proposal to not progress the 4 remaining IPP draft documents and close down the IETF IPP WG - DEADLINE FOR RESPONSES April 12, 2004

From: carl@manros.com
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 12:10:41 EST

  • Next message: Gail Songer: "RE: IPP> IMPORTANT - Proposal to not progress the 4 remaining IPP draft documents and close down the IETF IPP WG - DEADLINE FOR RESPONSES April 12, 2004"

    Gail,

    We only have ourselves to blame for the non-progression of these drafts in
    the IETF. Nobody in the IPP WG stepped up to the task of responding to the
    comments that we go back from our Area Director. If you or somebody else in
    the WG is prepared to pick up the job where we left it off these drafts can
    still be progressed. It seems that Tom Hastings is not prepared to spend
    more editor's time on this as he is already overextended. Also, this is not
    only an editing job, it is also a matter of reaching IPP WG agreements on
    the changes requested by the Area Director.

    These drafts are IETF drafts and although people who are also PWG members
    have made most of the contributions in them they have not been "given by the
    PWG to the IETF", so there cannot be any question about "giving them back".
    As for the PWG getting the rigth to take over some of the drafts as basis
    for possible future PWG standards, I think that would be a question for the
    PWG chair to take up directly with the IESG, via our new Area Director. I
    don't think this can be handled on the IETF WG level, although I can
    certainly contribute in the discussions.

    Carl-Uno

    Carl-Uno Manros
    700 Carnegie Street #3724
    Henderson, NV 89052, USA