IPP Mail Archive: IPP> I am back

IPP> I am back

From: carl@manros.com
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 20:30:55 EDT

    Hi all,

    I am back from my rather long trip to Japan, plus weeks of catching up on
    email and other stuff from while I was away.

    I know that there has been some further discussion about the possible
    progression of our remaining IPP drafts while I was away so I would like to
    get updated on where you think we stand at the moment.

    BTW, I am getting a number of return messages about trying to send virus
    messages to the IPP DL. I can assure that these messages don't come from me
    or my computer, which is using the latest and greatest in virus and spam
    control software.
    There are apparently people who have figured out that if they fake the
    sender address of a valid DL member, their messages will bypass the DL
    verification mechanism. It seems that we need to get all messages checked
    for virus before the messages are distributed. Hope our DL administrator at
    Lexmark can take on that task.

    Carl-Uno

    Carl-Uno Manros
    700 Carnegie Street #3724